How to Get student visa for Spain

Anyone wishing to study in Spain must apply for a student visa, except for citizens and residents of European Union member countries.

If the studies are less than 3 months, a short-stay visitor visa, also known as a Schengen Visa, will be issued, provided that the visitor's nationality requires a visa to enter Spain.

The applicant is obliged to complete the studies in the period for which he has been authorized to stay in Spain, since the visitor visa for short studies is not renewable.

If the studies have a duration of more than three months, a specific study visa is required.
The process of requesting a student visa must be made directly by the interested party before the Spanish Consulate.

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Spain, in Madrid, examines the application files, so it can take more than a month for the person to submit all the documentation.

In all cases the interested party must appear personally in the Consulate to present all the required documents.

Requirements for applying for a student visa in Spain

Visa application form duly completed and signed by the interested party.

Two recent color photographs, passport size, with white background.

Valid passport or travel certificate recognized as valid in Spain, with a minimum validity of the period for which the stay is requested.

Certificate of studies, notes or documentation proving the status of student or researcher (for doctoral or postdoctoral thesis cases).

Letter of admission in a public or private Spanish educational or scientific center officially recognized.

Curriculum, training or research.

Medical insurance that covers all the time of the applicant's stay in Spain. The minimum insurance coverage must be 30 thousand euros. It is recommended to make the medical insurance for a period superior to the one foreseen, for greater security.

Medical certificate of the applicant's good health, by submitting a report or medical certificate.

Proof of criminal record or police certificate.

Proof of economic funds to cover living expenses in Spain and expenses related to the return to the country of origin (and relatives accompanying the person concerned).

Proof of accommodation in Spain.

Underage students must present the notary authorization of their parents or guardians to carry out the studies in Spain.

If it is considered necessary, the Spanish authorities may conduct a personal interview. In case of being requested, the applicant must appear before the Consulate within a period not exceeding 15 working days from the date of the notification.

Family members of the student or foreign researcher can accompany you on your trip. Family members are understood as spouses or partners of common law, children under the age of 18, dependent children or who have a physical disability.

Family members must meet certain requirements listed below

Proof of the family bond with the student.

Financial solvency tests.

Notary authorization of the parent who does not travel to Spain for the displacement of the minor children with the applicant father or mother of the student visa.

To obtain the letter of admission of a Spanish university, the applicant must make a formal request. In that sense, it is advisable to read the relevant recommendations in the section The application for admission.

Arriving in Spain

Once in Spain, the holder of a study visa must apply, within one month of entering the country, the foreign student card to the Foreign Office or to the corresponding Police Station. This is the case if the studies have a duration of more than six months.

The applicant must present his / her passport or travel document, the application form of the foreign student identity card and proof of payment of the fee for issuing the card.

It is worth checking carefully the whole chapter Documentation to study abroad.

No comments

Powered by Blogger.